Are you a analytical technologist looking for a job at an amazing company? If so, Manpower has the perfect opportunity for you at the world-renowned company Dow! If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or similar, you are the perfect fit for this position. Dow will reward your hard work with a salary up to €3.000 per month and reimbursement of your travel expenses. If you would like to learn more about this position, keep reading!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for an analytical technologist for Dow in Terneuzen.
As an analytical technologist or Polyolefins Waste Water Project Lead you will provide organization and leadership of the Polyolefins portion of the Terneuzen Site. You will be carrying out an emission test for any substances discharged into the Westerschelde >5 μg/l to determine the admissibility of residual discharge for surface water. The residual discharge is a the discharge that remains after application of source approach with BAT. You will also be performing the following tasks:
- Representing both Dowlex and LDPE as the primary contact within the Terneuzen site Waste Water Compliance
- With the guidance of the two Polyolefins Waste Water Focal Points and the site project lead, developing an overview of all waste water flows, including:
- The nature, properties, origin of each stream
- All possible substances that can be released through the wastewater flows
- Any treatment or partial treatment equipment/methods with corresponding efficiency
- Present or potential opportunities to reduce the waste water flow and impact in the future
- Working closely with other members of the site team to validate the overview is complete using analysis (including the development of analytical methods if they are not yet available) and/or estimation
It is anticipated that you will have the capacity to assist the plant in other tasks related to personal or process safety or with other environmental or analytical tasks. This will be decided with supervisor as the project progresses.
What’s in it for you
- Gross salary between €2,600.- and €3,000.- per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Free access to online learning platform Manpower Academy