About the company
The Dow Chemical Company (‘Dow’) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Dow Benelux and Dow Terneuzen
Today, the Benelux area (the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg) covers seven Dow sites: two in the Netherlands (Terneuzen and Delfzijl), and five in Belgium (Antwerp, Brussels, Tertre, Zwijndrecht and Seneffe). Dow in Terneuzen is the second largest integrated production site of Dow worldwide and plays an important role in developing and producing basic chemicals. Three naphtha crackers convert crude oil into ethylene, propylene, benzene, and butadiene, which form the building blocks for a variety of plastics and chemicals. These products find their way to customers in over 160 countries. The state-of-the-art research facilities at Terneuzen are Dow Benelux’ main innovation platforms where key partnerships between scientists, business developers and customers are established.
Dow Chemical in Terneuzen employs more than 2,000 people who represent over 70 different nationalities. The team has an especially international character and English is spoken in the workplace. The company culture itself is characterised by respect, collaboration and open communication.
As a programmer, you will be working in the day shift.
What do we offer you?
- Gross salary between €2,500.- and €3,500.- per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per km and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
- A part-time or full-time job for 32 - 40 hours a week
- Fixed term Manpower contract at Dow Chemical
- Possibility of a permanent contract with Dow Chemical in the long run
- A vacancy for a longer period of time
- The opportunity to follow a programming training (ABB)