Do you have a MSc degree in physical chemistry or relevant experience in coatings research? Is your knowledge of paint technology adequate and are you looking for a new adventure? We have the right job opportunity for you!
Manpower is looking for a Research Development & Innovation Specialist for AkzoNobel in Sassenheim.
Your main objective is to plan, prepare and execute experiments in the physical science discipline for the weathering and mechanical characterization of paint and coatings. To perform this work, a large variety of physical test methods and techniques will be applied at the physical services department, the main areas being: rheological tests, thermal analysis, image analysis, mechanical property testing, accelerated weathering and corrosion testing.
You will actively participate in various R&D projects to ensure appropriate method development and support. You will develop new and improve existing methodologies, in line with various project demands, in order to support new or existing product, process or application development as well as customer and production support.
You will provide timely, high quality services to local and/or global (cross-SMU) requestors in line with agreed priority. You will analyze and report results, obtained by effectively combining a variety of physical techniques.
• Work closely with customers to determine project/business related needs and translate them into physical activities and/or method development requirements. Discuss project needs with R&D teams in terms of support, test set-ups and planning
• Formulate and present possible solution directions and issue advice at request or at own initiative in order to improve/optimize on-going projects
• Conduct literature searches in the area of paint characterization and use the findings in new methodology development or solving various physical/mechanical (characterization) issues
• Develop & implement new techniques in the field of mechanical properties according to high-quality standards, using a proper statistical approach for method development and validation
• Present, discuss and report results in a constructive and effective manner
• Combine physical findings with the information obtained by other members of multi-disciplinary teams of various laboratories around the world
• Keep up with new developments in physical test methods and technologies of interest for paint related components and product
• Maintain safety and quality standards in all operations
• Work in accordance with QHSE guidelines
What do we offer you?
- Gross salary between € 11,00 and € 20,00 per hour (depends on expercience)
- Fulltime job
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with a maximum of €8,29 per day
- Possibility of a contract at AkzoNobel
- Chance to work at a large and innovative international organization