Over de functie
Do you have the ability to work with people from different cultures and a diversity of countries? Do you have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing or engineering related job role? Apply immediately, Manpower is looking for you.
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a sourcing technician in Terneuzen.
As a sourcing technician at Dow you will be performing the following working activities:
- Working with system data on actual purchases, identify value opportunities, develop tactical plans to capture value
- Report the value captured within the Total Procurement Benefits database
- Provide improvements to existing work-processes
- Provide sourcing support for Dow businesses or functions
- Identify suppliers capable of meeting Dow's requirements
- Negotiate commercial spot purchases required to support business partners
- Utilize available e-Sourcing tools (e.g. e-RFI, e-RFQ)
- Interact with other Sourcing Technicians to develop best practices and leverage learning experiences
- Maintain basic knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as mergers & acquisitions, financial status and changes in key personnel
- Resolve process or supplier related issues
- Focus on value delivery and sustainable competitive advantage
Over het bedrijf
About the company/organization
Dow Chemical combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
Part of Dow is Dow Servicecenter. As an independent company, Dow Servicecenter delivers customized services to the Dow business and joint ventures throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. Among customized services, Dow Servicecenter also offers logistic services and administrative services such as billing and purchasing. Dow Servicecenter is a worldwide industry key player with more than 600 employees and more than 45 different nationalities. This means that Dow Servicecenter is filled with a great variety of people with each there own talents.
Working at Dow and Dow Servicecenter is special. Every employee takes responsibility for the work that he or she does. With the performing of your tasks, a big degree of freedom is permitted.
To keep improving your skills, Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study. Which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 2.600 – 3.000 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursment of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Online learning platform (Studytube)
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- The opportunity for a permanent contract
- A vacancy for a longer period of time
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
Starting date of the vacancy
- You have at least a Bachelor degree
- You have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing or engineering related job role
- You master the English language both spoken and written
- You are available for 40 hours per week
- You live up to 75 km from Terneuzen, for example in Goes or Middelburg of Vlissingen
- You have your own vehicle (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
- You have experience in working with Microsoft Office programs
- You do not have a criminal record and can submit a declaration of good behaviour (VOG in Dutch)
- You are not already in a application process at DOW
- You have the ability to work with cultures and diverse geographies, as the position may include numerous legal entities of the company.
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
- Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button- To speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV
- Fill out the questionnaire that will appear after you have logged in and write down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to process your application further)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company Is the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application!