Translating clients’ wishes into transportation solutions is what you do best. As a carrier manager, you connect logistics with transportation providers. Your expertise and working experience in this field are essential to make sure the job is done well! If you also have experience in procuring or negotiating freight, you are the person we’re looking for! Would you like to know more about this job? Then keep reading!
Manpower is looking for a logistics carrier manager for our client in Amsterdam.Please note: you will be offered a direct contract with your new employer!What will you be doing?
As a logistics carrier manager, you manage direct carriers as well as 3PLs. This includes pre- and post-implementation of Europe-based customers. You link the logistics department to transportation providers. Your responsibility is translating clients’ needs into achievable goals. This includes the following tasks:
- Managing subcontractors and sourcing/onboarding new carriers
- Developing subject matter expertise in the field of transportation
- Supporting your team with in-depth knowledge of market carrier
- Leading the contracting process of new carriers
- Maintaining carrier databases
- Managing transportation providers and carrier relationships
You will be working between 8 am and 6 pm. Your working hours are fairly flexible!What do we offer you?
- A direct contract with our client!
- Gross salary between €4,000.- and €5,000.- per month
- 24 holidays per calendar year
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of €0.19 per km, or a lease car for you to use!
- Pension accrual
- Company car and phone
- Definite opportunity to apply for a permanent contract