Scope - Job Specific•
Leads technical architecture work stream through deal closure and transition to handover to the service delivery teams.•The role holder leads and is accountable for comprehensive, end-to-end technical design for services proposals typically varying in size and of medium to high complexity.•Competency Requirements: One Technical Architect role with three proficiency levels: Practitioner, Proficient and Mastery. Career progression within role is defined by SFIA competencies and validated by experience.
Level Guide Statements - General:
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plan
• Generally domestic scope/accountability
• Client Technical Solution Strategy
• Bid/Sales Support: Supports the presales phase of deal pursuit. Assists with the preparation and delivery of service contract proposals, bids and tenders.
• Technical Design Authority: Takes responsibility for all components input to technical design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings.
• Technical Authority: Takes responsibility for technical input to service design as well as to qualification and business approval meetings. Shapes and architects technical proposals working with partner(s) where relevant.
• Cost and Risk: Defines the approach to technical development, controlling scope and the work of the technical design team in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure. Able to articulate the entire technical architecture to a client or partner on a technical and business level, clearly identifying benefits and risks.
• Business Development: Establishes customer requirements for the technical elements of a service building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in Xerox, customer IT organizations and partners.•Requirements and Design: Designs innovative technical solutions, within the context of the total service solution, and where required, can manage the work of different specialists including partners and third parties - contributing to the design and implementation.
• Due Diligence: May be responsible to lead the technical due diligence phase of bid pursuit and to validate and revise the proposed architecture as necessary.
• Integration: Co-ordinates and engages the supporting shared services (e.g. Global Delivery Centres) and service delivery teams - as well as partner input where relevant - to develop seamless end to end technical architecture for customers.
• Practice Development:•Influence: Represents the company at customer forums, conferences, professional bodies to build the company's reputation in the market place. Known expert in one or more service offers and industries.
• Continuous Improvement & Knowledge Sharing- Provides continuous feedback to stakeholders as input for improvements. Shares knowledge with colleagues to make a useful contribution to Xerox knowledge. Updates and improves standard technical architect methodologies based on learning and customer requirements/feedback. Promotes knowledge sharing with other stakeholders