Over de functie
You have an extensive knowledge of the responsibilities and tasks expected of a project control engineer or scheduling specialist. With your advanced experience you are looking for a new challenge. If the above applies to you, please continue reading!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a senior scheduling specialist for Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
As a project control engineer you will be performing the following working activities:
- Provides comprehensive Schedule Management services to support effective project execution
- Utilizes extensive experience in established Project Controls
- Practices to ascertain critical project issues and recommends corrective actions
- Draws upon overall Project Controls expertise to lead projects to successful outcomes.
Develops and maintains comprehensive integrated master project schedules including Front-end Loading, Detail Design, Procurement, Construction and Start- up/Commissioning Project Stages
- Maintains schedule during the project life cycle monitoring progress and incorporating modifications where changes in the original scope occur or delays are encountered
- Utilizes project cost estimates to resource load project schedules and gain alignment with estimated scope of work and the project schedule
- Performs staffing density checks or staffing limitation checks to validate schedule durations and ensures resource-leveling supports the project strategy
- Leads project teams in forecasting schedule challenges and offers analyses and solutions to complete the project on schedule.
- Performs critical path analysis to determine problem areas in regards to project schedule and resource overloads
- Alert the project team to critical scheduling issues
- Evaluates project deviations to assess schedule impact for proper decision making and recovery plans
- Works with cost management to gain alignment when forecasting schedule completion dates.
- Applies established schedule management practices to ascertain critical schedule issues and recommend corrective actions.
Over het bedrijf
Dow Chemical combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
Part of Dow is BPSC. As an independent company, BPSC delivers customized services to the Dow business and joint ventures throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. Among customized services, BPSC also offers logistics services and administrative services such as billing and purchasing. BPSC (Business Process Service Center) is a worldwide industry key player with more than 600 employees and more than 45 different nationalities. This means that BPSC is filled with a great variety of people with each there own talents. Working at Dow and BPSC is special. Every employee takes responsibility for the work that he or she does. With the performing of your tasks, a big degree of freedom is permitted.
To keep improving your skills, Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study. Which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labor market of today!
The working hours for this position are during the dayshift.
What does Dow Chemical offer you?
- A gross salary of 4.500 – 5.600 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursment of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Online learning platform (Studytube)
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
Starting date of the vacancy
- You at least have a Bachelor’s degree
- You preferbly at least have a Bachelor's degree within a technical field (HTS Mechanical)
- You have at least a minimum of 5 years work experience as a scheduler specialist or project engineer (construction)
- You master the English language in speech and writing on an excellent level
- You have BS or equivalent experience
- You are member of Schedule Management discipline
- You have a professional membership in PMI, AACE or an equivalent
- You have PMP or AACE certifications
- You have experience in working for an operating company (e.g. chemical, petro-chemical, oil, gas company) and/or ab EPCM engineering company
- You are available for 40 hours per week
- You live up to 75 km from Terneuzen, for example in Hoek, Hulst of Goes
- You have your own way of transportation (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
- You are able to aply for a Code of Good Conduct (VOG)
- You are not already in mediation for a job at Dow
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button
To speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV in English-
Fill out the questionnaire that will appear after you have logged in and wrote down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information receive
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company Is the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application!