Over de functie
You have a customer mindset, a high level of accurarcy and you have the ability to multi-taks and prioritize projects as appropriate. In addition, you have cultural awareness and the ability to work with a diverse group of people. You are the one Manpower is looking for!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a translation specialist on behalf of Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
In this role you are responsible for delivering timely, consistent and efficient translations and localizations of the whole company documentation, among all the different functions and departments, by using the internal Computer Aided Translation and Localization tools.
You will be performing the following working activities:
- Translate customer requests within the target deadline
- Effectively coordinate and prioritize job responsibilities to meet deadlines for work assignments
- Provide customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text
- Uphold the Dow reputation by providing excellent customer service
Over het bedrijf
Dow combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
The Translations Department delivers flawless translation services to its customers. The objective is to provide our customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text within the target deadline.
Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study and improve your skills, which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
The working hours for this position are in dayshift.
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 2.500 – 3.200 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expense
- A job for 40 hours a week
- The opportunity for a permanent contract
- Online learning platform (StudyTube)
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
Starting date of the vacancy
- You at least have an Bachelor's degree or higher
- You have at least 1 year experience with translating
- You have experience with Computer Aided Translation and Localization tools (knowledge of Wordfast and Olifant is definitely a plus)
- You master the English language in speech and writing
- You also master the Dutch and Portuguese language
- You are familiar with common technical terminology and specialized jargons
- You have experience in working with Microsoft Office Desktop applications
- You are available for a minimum of 36 hours per week
- You live up to 75 km from Terneuzen, for example in Hulst, Hoek, Goes or Middelburg
- You have your own way of transportation (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
- Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” buttonTo speed up the application process, we want to receive your CV in English.
- Fill out the questionnaire (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The Manpower local office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the companyIs the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application