Over de functie
You are curious and independent. You are always looking for creative solutions and you have broad knowledge and skills of process automation platforms. In addition you have an IT background and that makes you the perfect candidate.
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a process automation support and sustain technician for Dow Chemical Terneuzen.
As a process automation support and sustain technician you will work in a team, to support the production facilities of the Benelux around the clock. Not only do you work together with colleague-S&S technicians, there is also close cooperation with operations and with contractors that help with the project implementations and big scheduled maintenance activities.
Your will perform the following job activities:
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance (PPM) and health checks on operating control system hardware. This work is performed to ensure the control system performs as reliably as possible
- Provide corrective support in response to a control system error condition or failure. Support technicians provide the first point of escalation when faults occur and put plant operations at risk. Immediate action is often required to diagnose and resolve these problems
- Complete small project work. Process automation systems are undergoing constant change as control points are added, configurations are modified, and hardware or software is updated
- Redeploy hardware assets. When components fail, attempts are made to test and work with vendors to repair the associated hardware so it can be restocked and utilized as a spare. The ability to reuse parts is central to extending the life cycle of these systems
- Provide training and knowledge transfer
- Reset and restart locked-up control systems
Over het bedrijf
This position acts as a technical resource to support Dow’s plants and business with the installation, service and maintenance of the Process Automation computer platforms (ABB Industrial IT and a non-commercial platform). The role is critical for the reliability of the production facilities. Besides supporting the installed base, a lot of new installations are also taking place as a result of Dow’s current migration activities from the old non-commercial computer platform to the new ABB platform.
Dow Chemical combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
Working at Dow and BPSC is special. Every employee takes responsibility for the work that he or she does. With the performing of your tasks, a big degree of freedom is permitted.
To keep improving your skills, Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study. Which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
The working hours for this position are during office hours.
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 3.000 – 4.200 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursment of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Online learning platform (Studytube)
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
Starting date of the vacancy
- You at least have an MBO level 4 degree in (computer) technology / IT
- You have a minimum of 2 years working experience as an IT Technician
- You have broad knowledge and skills of process automation platforms
- You have experience with ABB Industrial IT
- You are available 40 hours per week
- You live up to 50 km from Terneuzen, for example in Hoek, Hulst or Goes
- You have your own way of transportation (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
- You are able to apply for a Code of Good Conduct (VOG)
- You are not already in mediation for a job at Dow
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” buttonTo speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that will appear after you have logged in and wrote down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company
Is the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application!