Over de functie
Do you have the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as appropriate? Do you have a customer mindset and 5 years working experience in claim/ law? Then, Manpower is looking for you!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a claim specialist on behalf of Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
You will be performing the following working activities:
- Coach and assist Claims Coordinators
- Process high value or legally complex claims and determine correct course of action
- Provide as required claims support through 24/7 on-call service independently taking actions to protect the interests of Dow
- Escalate legally complex or unusually high value claims to appropriate functions
- Evaluate validity of claims from legal perspective
- Join external surveys and defend the business to safeguard their interests verbally as well as in writing
- Be responsible for claim data input and reconciliation for accounting purposes
- Determine preliminary probable cause of damage ascertained and take appropriate related actions
- Prepare detailed claims reports
- Claim handling through to closure of the case
- Cooperate with and support DOW legal department
- Provide support in the coordination of shipment returns, disposal or off grade sell of material for high value or legally complex claims
- Train and educate internal stakeholders as applicable on the claim process
- Provide claim communications for informational purposes to plant personnel, customer account representatives, businesses and functional Mailbox
Over het bedrijf
About the company
Dow Chemical combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
Part of Dow is Dow Servicecenter. As an independent company, Dow Servicecenter delivers customized services to the Dow business and joint ventures throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India. Among customized services, Dow Servicecenter also offers logistics services and administrative services such as billing and purchasing. Dow Servicecenter is a worldwide industry key player with more than 600 employees and more than 45 different nationalities. This means that Dow Servicecenter is filled with a great variety of people with each there own talents.
To keep improving your skills, Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study. Which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
The working hours for this position are between 8.00 and 17.00 hour.
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 2.600 – 3.500 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursment of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Online learning platform (Studytube)
- A job for 32 - 40 hours a week
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- You at least have an Juridical Bachelor degree
Further it's important that you meet the following requirements:
- You have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a similair function with claims
Starting date of the vacancy
- You master the English language in speech and writing
- You preferably master another European language (Spanish, German or French)
- You are willing to take on call phone out of office hours (during one week in 1-2 months)
- You have experience in working with Microsoft Office applications
- You are available for a minimum of 32 hours per week
- You live up to 75 km from Terneuzen, for example in Hoek, Hulst, Goes or Bergen op Zoom
- You have your own way of transportation (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
- You are able to aply for a Code of Good Conduct (VOG)
- You are not already in mediation for a job at Dow
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
- Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button- To speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that will appear after you have logged in and wrote down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company Is the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application.