Over de functie
Do you posses an intermediate vocational education level 4 (MBO) in chemical technology or similar? Do you have knowlegde about chemistry because of working experience and education? Then, Manpower offers you a great job!
On behalf of Dow Chemical, Manpower is looking for a lab technician who would like to join their team in Terneuzen.
The purpose of this job is to provide reliable and use-appropriate experimental information for research and development projects through the use of process knowledge either independently or in conjunction with a functional specialist. The lab technician works in a team with lab and process technologists, research engineers and chemists on a varying number of projects. The lab technician plans and executes experimental work at lab scale. He acts as facility representative for his area and is responsible for the safety of his/her work area. A significant portion of the activities is of a non-routine and complicated nature
- Participates as an active team member on R&D projects or completes projects independently. Such projects can be research project or projects targeting at equipment or operational changes
- Consults with project team members and then takes independent actions that contribute to the achievement of the project goals.
- Plans experimental work ahead to ensure achievement of project goals. This includes managing asset utilization as well as raw material inventory and sample shipping. Proactively informs others who are affected by his/her work and the work schedule
- Executes experiments at lab scale according to pre-defined recipes. Asks critical question to the project team to ensure understanding of requests, purpose of experiments and key experimental parameters. Monitors and interprets results of experimental work closely and informs project team in case of deviations from expected results
- Acts as facility representative. Coordinates facility related activities with other functions like maintenance and engineering
- Responsible for the safety of his/her work area. Generates ideas to continuously improve safety of work area
- Generates new ideas and uses them to continuously improve work processes and asset utilization in his/her area of responsibility
- Develops and applies new skills based on project needs and feedback from others
- Initiates and implements routine stewardship procedures, like labeling, shipping, housekeeping
Over het bedrijf
About the company
Dow Chemical combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen.
Working at Dow and BPSC is special. Every employee takes responsibility for the work that he or she does. With the performing of your tasks, a big degree of freedom is permitted.
To keep improving your skills, Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study. Which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 2.500 – 3.300 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursment of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Online learning platform (Studytube)
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- The opportunity for a permanent contract
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
Starting date of the vacancy
- You at least have an intermediate vocational education level 4 (MBO) in chemical technology or similar
- You have a minimum of 1 years working experience as a lab technician or similar
- You master the Dutch and English language in speech and writing
- You are available for a minimum of 40 hours per week
- You live up to 80 km from Terneuzen, for example in Hoek, Hulst, Goes, Middelburg, Vlissingen or Bergen op Zoom
- You have your own way of transportation (bicycle, moped, scooter or car)
- You are able to aply for a Code of Good Conduct (VOG)
- You are not already in mediation for a job at Dow
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button. The application process
- Apply online via the “solliciteer direct” button- To speed up the application process, we kindly ask you to send your CV in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that will appear after you have logged in and wrote down your motivation (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company Is the vacancy still online on the Manpower website? This means that the position is still available.
We are looking forward to your online application!