Over de functie
You have experience in civil/ structural engineering on capital/expense projects. You also have experience working with Civil Engineering Design tools. You are a strong team player. You are the one Manpower is looking for!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for a senior civil design engineer on behalf of Dow Chemical in Hoek, near Terneuzen.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Engineering Solutions Department for a Civil Engineer at our Terneuzen, NLD location. In this role you are predominately responsible for civil/structural design (i.e., Structural Steel, Concrete Foundations, Piling, Pipe Supports, etc). You will supervise designers to develop and assemble contract packages in accordance with the project schedule.
- Lead projects and work well in a team environment, with good communication skills
- Develop Civil Design Packages using SP3D modeling software as well as Microstation
- Create all required project documentation, including Civil Drawings, Demolition Photo Documents, Civil Job Instructions, etc.
- Working knowledge of Discipline standards and practices
- Provide overall responsibility for Code compliance and Structural Steel connection approval
- Work independently and/or lead projects utilizing multiple Civil Designers, interfacing with construction, manufacturing and maintenance personnel, other engineering disciplines, EPCs, vendors, and suppliers as needed
- Create electronic drawings to scale indicating coordinates, dimensions, material specifications, and other standard information
Over het bedrijf
Working at the Dow Company
Dow combines the power of science and technology in order to improve things that are essential to the progress of human kind. Dow Terneuzen is Dow Chemical's second biggest production location in the world. Almost 1700 people are actively working at Dow Terneuzen. Working at Dow is special. The basic principle is that each employee is responsible for the work he or she does. Also, in the performance of work, there is a large amount of freedom.
Manpower offers an online learning platform (Studytube) which allows you - without obligation and free of charge - to study and improve your skills, which keeps you future-proof for the demanding labour market of today!
The working hours for this position are between office hours.
What do we offer you?
- A gross salary of 3.200 4.000 euro per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses of 0,19 euro per km
- Reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expense
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- Permanent contract is a possibility
- Online learning platform (StudyTube)
To qualify for this job, it is important that you meet the following requirements:
- You at least have a MBO level 4 degree
- You have a minimum of 5 years working experience in civil/structural engineering on capital/expense projects
- You preferably have experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil and Gas, or Energy industry
- You have experience in working with Civil Engineering Design tools
- You have experience in managing priorities and timelines simultaneously
- You are available for a minimum of 40 hours per week
- You live up to 100 km from Terneuzen, for example in Roosendaal, Rotterdam or Goes
- You are a strong team player
- You are able to work with a wide variety of personnel, including other detail design disciplines and personnel from diverse cultures
Starting date of the vacancy
In agreement, you will start as soon as possible
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Apply online via the solliciteer direct button.
The application process
- Apply online via the solliciteer direct button
- Fill out the questionnaire that you will receive via e-mail within a few minutes (without your answers we are not able to further process your application)
- Assessment of your application will be performed based on your CV, the questionnaire and any additional information received
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and the company